Remains of U.S. Soldiers Returning Home From North Korea

by Abel Hampton August 2, 2018, 1:56
Remains of U.S. Soldiers Returning Home From North Korea

More than 50 boxes handed over by North Korea to the United States last week appear to hold human remains from the 1950-1953 Korean War and are likely American, according to an initial forensic analysis, a USA official said on Wednesday.

Satellite photographs taken in the last month indicate that the regime may be working on one or two liquid fuel intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), officials told The Washington Post.

The bones' return was part of an agreement reached during a June summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

She also said the visit aimed to strengthen Indonesia's "long and historical relationship" with North Korea, forged decades ago by the two nations' respective founding fathers, Sukarno and Kim Il-sung.

In addition to United States agencies, independent missile experts also reported observing activity consistent with missile construction at the Sanumdong factory, such as the daily movement of supply trucks and other vehicles. The new US military intelligence assessment was first reported on Monday by the Washington Post.

Critics caution the move is largely symbolic, since the facility can easily be rebuilt.

North Korea has threatened to attack the US and its allies with nuclear weapons on numerous occasions.

Just last week, satellite images emerged that appeared to show North Korea dismantling a key Sohae satellite launching station. Some European intelligence officials are not convinced that the Kangson site is used for uranium enrichment.

However, it called on the SDF to remain alert to possible threats from North Korea. But there is a broad consensus among USA intelligence agencies that Kangson is one of at least two secret enrichment plants.

In late June, U.S. officials told U.S. media outlets that intelligence agencies believed North Korea had increased production of fuel for nuclear weapons and that it did not intend to fully give up its nuclear arsenal.

In Singapore, Kim Jong Un committed to work "towards the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula" in a signed joint statement with Trump, but there are signs that North Korea does not interpret that phrase to entail its unilateral disarmament. "They have missing, France has missing, Americans have". The soldier's family had been notified, though it was not clear if his remains were among those found, Byrd said. "But even if they are, you still have a nuclear deterrent, so it would still be a huge risk for the U.S.to try to attack".

Ground-to-air Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) units were deployed in Shimane, Hiroshima, Ehime and Kochi prefectures and Hokkaido in 2017 in response to North Korean provocations.

The Games' opening ceremony is August 18, which leaves Kim, who has launched a series of diplomatic engagements in 2018, only a few weeks to decide whether to attend the event that will bring the teams of North and South Korea together.

"I'm afraid that at this point, the United States, the Trump Administration is being taken for a ride", said Sen. They're willing to put up with certain limits, like no nuclear testing and no ICBM testing. What they're offering is: "They keep the bomb, but they stop talking about it".


TOP News

Grace Mugabe's diplomatic immunity ruling set aside

Nicholls leads Mullins in race for Trainers Championship

Priyanka Chopra engaged to young singer Nick Jonas

'Blood moon' to appear for 21st century's longest lunar eclipse on Friday

'What do we got to pay?' Inside the Trump-Cohen tape

China’s Xi promises $14.7 billion of investment during South Africa visit

Manafort is first ex-Trump aide on trial in Russian Federation probe

Mourinho: I Handed The Club A Five-Man Shortlist For Transfers

Alex Jones has been suspended from Facebook for 30 days

In symbolic gesture, North Korea returns remains of United States service members