How the shooting at YouTube's Calif. headquarters unfolded

by Frankie Norman April 9, 2018, 1:28
How the shooting at YouTube's Calif. headquarters unfolded

Aghdam purchased the 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol on January 2 and picked up the weapon after the mandatory 10-day waiting period had expired, according to a source.

A screenshot of a video posted on Aghnam's YouTube channel before it was taken down yesterday, showed her complaining that "YouTube filtered my channels to keep them from getting views!" "Throughout our entire interaction with her, she was calm and cooperative". The brother described his sister as a "nice" and "innocent" person, "not today, but she never hurt any creature", he said.

Law enforcement officers are seen outside YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, Calif., on Tuesday. Another party said they spotted someone with a gun.

San Bruno police said they were still investigating a motive and that there is no evidence that Aghdam knew the victims she shot or that anyone was specifically targeted.

Investigators will likely scrutinize Aghdam's movements during the almost nine-hour drive from her family's home near San Diego to the YouTube campus, examine the freakish videos she posted online and look for any messages she may have sent to company officials. Initial reports came by way of various social media posts from those inside of the building. "There was nothing in her behavior that suggested anything unusual", said Mountain View Police Chief Max Bosel.

YouTube spokeswoman Jessica Mason could not immediately be reached for comment.

The relatives last saw Aghdam - who lived with her grandmother in San Diego - on March 31, reported her missing Monday and filed an "at-risk" report with the San Diego County Sheriff's Office. The information is so readily available because Aghdam was a creative contributor on Youtube's video platform.

But in a phone call between Aghdam's father and police, the father said YouTube recently took action on some of Aghdam's vegan videos, a move that infuriated her.

"I don't know what concerns were conveyed to that police department, or how or where those concerns were relayed to".

The brother of Nasim Aghdam, the woman who notoriously entered into YouTube's headquarters and shot three individuals before killing herself, is criticizing local authorities who would have been able to prevent the incident from occurring.

According to ABC News, the Mountain View Police Department has confirmed that they found a woman identified as Nasim Najafi Aghdam asleep in her auto in a parking lot in that city on Tuesday morning.

Mr Sherman said that as he headed for an exit "someone said that there was a person with a gun", and added "at that point every new person I saw was a potential shooter".

He said police found two magazines at the scene and found no other weapons.

It was a 9mm Smith and Wesson that had a capacity of 10 rounds. Investigators have also learned she stopped in at a gun range Tuesday morning. To purchase the firearm, Aghdam would have had to pass a background check that reviewed any criminal history, DMV records, outstanding warrants, restraining orders and mental health holds.

Nasim Najagi Aghdam, the deceased Iranian-born woman who vlogged about living in the world that's rife with "injustice and diseases", was identified by California police as the one behind the incident, according to The Guardian.

Several San Bruno police officers on Wednesday spent almost two hours at Jackson Arms, a South San Francisco range.

She had established a short-lived nonprofit charity called PeaceThunder and YouTube channels in English, Farsi and Turkish to promote her vegan views. "And she had a problem with YouTube", Aghdam's brother told CNN affiliate KGTV.

The most seriously wounded victim, a 36-year-old man initially classified by hospital officials as critical, had his condition upgraded to fair on Thursday.

Two women wounded in the shooting were released Wednesday from a San Francisco hospital.

Zach Vorhies, 37, a senior software engineer at YouTube, said he was at his desk working on the second floor of one of the buildings on the campus when the fire alarm went off.

TOP News

Trump Threatens To Leave NAFTA, Says DACA Deal Is Off

Villanova Star Dominates National Championship, Then People Dig Up His Old Tweets

Commonwealth Game 2018 opening ceremony: How Twitter reacted

Jason Day hits into fan's beer cup during first round of Masters

China Trade War Latest: Trump Raises the Stakes By Another $100 Billion

Kim Jong-Un insists to meet with Trump in Pyongyang

Iwobi Stars, Welbeck Bags Brace As Arsenal See Off Southampton

Real Madrid vs athletic Madrid At the Bernabeu Live

Pelosi Claims 'Corruption, Cronyism and Incompetence' in Call for Scott Pruitt's Resignation

World Health Day being observed