No Australians hurt in vehicle bomb in Kabul

by Abel Hampton March 3, 2018, 4:59
No Australians hurt in vehicle bomb in Kabul

A suicide auto bomb targeting a foreign forces convoy rocked eastern Kabul on Friday, killing at least one civilian and injuring four in an area where many expatriates reside, the Afghan interior ministry said.

According to media reports citing the Interior Ministry, 14 Afghans were injured in the attack.

"Today, a suspected vehicle-borne Improvised Explosive Device was detonated near Australian Embassy vehicles while they were traveling in Kabul", the statement by Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on the website of the embassy said Friday.

In the meantime, another security official says at least fourteen people were wounded in the explosion.

Tolo News quoted Afghan Ministry of Interior's (MoI) deputy spokesman Nusrat Rahimi as saying that the explosion targeted a foreign forces convoy which was passing through the Qabel Bai area in Kabul's PD9.

North Atlantic Treaty Organisation forces in Kabul confirmed that the latest attack was a suicide vehicle bombing.

Extensive damage to the facades of nearby houses could be seen with debris scattered on pavements as witnesses reported a strong explosion.

A large explosion in the eastern part of the Afghan capital on Friday morning killed at least one person and wounding others an Afghan official said. (AP Phot
Deadly Kabul Car Bomb Targets Foreign Forces

A blast in Kabul this morning has killed at least one and injured four, the Afghan government said.

But a security source said up to 12 people had been wounded.

Earlier on February 28, Afghanistan's President Ashraf Ghani while addressing the Second Kabul Process Conference held in the Afghan Capital asked Taliban to initiate peace talks with the Kabul government amid offering them multiple concessions, aimed at to save the war-ravaged Country. They have not yet offered a full response to the president's proposal, but the apparent openness to negotiations on both sides has sparked cautious optimism.

Participants at the Kabul Process urged the Taliban to come forward and engage the National Unity Government in a political process, noting the success of a similar deal struck two years ago by the Afghan government with Hizbe-Islami, a former insurgent group led by Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.

Washington, Mar 2 The Taliban needs to support the Afghan constitution and abandon terror and violence if it wants peace talks with the U.S., the Pentagon has said.

Kabul remains on high alert, fearing further attacks and violence. American officials are also braced for more fighting in spring.

TOP News

Shehbaz Sharif elected as acting president of PML-N

Guys, A Starbucks Barista Asked Oprah How To Spell Her Name

Toxic metals are found in e-cigarette by a recent study

Harzand completes Derby double at Curragh

Nokia brings back the 8110 "banana phone" that appeared in The Matrix

Lebanon 'detains suspect' in Joanna Demafelis' murder in Kuwait

Hertz joins Enterprise in rental vehicle company hatred of NRA members

Melania Trump entered USA with 'Einstein' visa for those with 'extraordinary ability'

Svitolina Sweeps Second Straight Dubai Crown

CBI files case against private sugar company, officials for bank fraud