'Disgraceful and offensive': Pence denies he's eyeing presidential bid

by Abel Hampton August 7, 2017, 0:26
'Disgraceful and offensive': Pence denies he's eyeing presidential bid

The Times reported on Saturday that "in interviews with more than 75 Republicans at every level of the party, elected officials, donors and strategists expressed widespread uncertainty about whether Mr. Trump would be on the ballot in 2020 and little doubt that others in the party are engaged in barely veiled contingency planning".

President Donald Trump boards Air Force One on August 4, 2017, at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland as he travels on a 17-day vacation to Trump's golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey.

"The allegations in this article are categorically false and represent just the latest attempt by the media to divide this Administration", Pence said in a statement.

Speculation has also stirred as the Justice Department, led by special counsel Robert Mueller, has continued to probe allegations that the Trump campaign colluded with Russian Federation during last year's election.

It said multiple advisers to Mr Pence "have already intimated to party donors that he would plan to run if Mr Trump did not".

He released a statement Sunday following a New York Times report that he was considering his own presidential bid in the 2020 race.

The reporters note that Pence has created a fundraising committee, the Great America Committee, and hired a political operative, Nick Ayers, as his chief of staff.

Pence said he would focus all his efforts on seeing Trump reelected, adding that "any suggestion otherwise is both laughable and absurd".

The Times - accurately - reported that Pence has been "the pacesetter" for setting up political organizing around the 2020 elections among Republicans.

Mr Trump has not suggested he will not seek a second term.

Other Republicans who have been making trips to key states or otherwise introducing themselves to donors that have raised speculation about their plans include Governor John Kasich of OH and Senators Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Ben Sasse of Nebraska.

Senator John McCain, explaining this kind of willingness to challenge the Trump's future standing, reminded the Times that "it's not a nice business we're in", and some Republicans "see weakness in this president".

"It is absolutely true that the vice president is getting ready for 2020 - for re-election as vice president", Conway told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday.


TOP News

Kate Beckinsale postpones Comic Con panel to file police report

Players that will annoy you at the casino

Gujarat Rajya Sabha MLA elections: Congress challenges NOTA option

Obama team pushing Deval Patrick presidential run

Online Hacker Group Spreads Newest Game of Thrones Episode

The increase on a real money games at 2015 was 27%

FNC Host & Former Defense Attorney on Mueller Investigation: Where Is The Crime?

Australian airports will resume normal service with the aviation terrorism threat 'contained'

Rain chances back up this weekend

Nicholls leads Mullins in race for Trainers Championship