68 children children among those killed in Aleppo bomb attack

by Abel Hampton May 1, 2017, 3:31
68 children children among those killed in Aleppo bomb attack

Ahrar al-Sham says the attack only serves to defame the rebels and serve to deflect from the government's "crimes" against opposition-held areas, the latest being the chemical attack where over 80 people were killed. He accused the government or extremist rebel groups of orchestrating the attack to discredit the opposition.

The Syrian Observatory said at least 126 people had died in the attack, with the death toll expected to rise.

The blast ripped through a group of buses carrying about 5,000 Shi'ite residents of the villages of al-Foua and Kefraya in Idlib province, which rebel forces have placed under siege.

At least 68 Syrian refugee kids were slaughtered while waiting for an afternoon snack in a bomb attack on a bus convoy that killed some 126 people on Saturday, according to a new report.

Under a swap deal, residents from the two Syrian towns al-Foua and Kfraya were being moved into Aleppo in exchange for the relocation of hundreds of Sunni insurgents from government-besieged areas near Damascus.

State TV al-Ikhbariya said the attack was the result of a vehicle bomb carrying food aid to be delivered to the evacuees in the rebel-held area - ostensibly crisps for the children - and accused rebel groups of carrying it out.

All four have been under siege for years, their fate linked through a series of reciprocal agreements that the United Nations says have hindered aid deliveries.

He said the dead included 98 people from Foua and Kfarya, with the rest aid workers and rebels who had been guarding the convoy. But the atrocities in the war-torn country know no boundaries, as now a bomb attack targeting evacuees slaughtered approximately 130 people, among them 70 children.

The blast on April 15 tore through buses carrying residents from the northern towns of Fuaa and Kafraya as they waited at a transit point in rebel-held Rashidin, west of Aleppo. "When the explosion happened, I hugged them both and we fell to the floor", she said.

Video on state television later showed charred bodies and mangled buses, which had been carrying pro-government Shi'ite fighters and civilians from the besieged villages toward the government-controlled city.

The evacuation process resumed after the bombing, the Observatory said, with the residents of Fuaa and Kafraya eventually arriving in Aleppo, Syria's second-largest city, which the government gained full control of a year ago.

The rebels and residents of Madaya near Damascus were waiting at the government-held Ramousah bus garage, a few miles away.

The pontiff said he hoped that Jesus Christ's sacrifice might help bring "comfort and relief to the civil population in Syria, prey to a war that continues to sow horror and death".

The evacuation deal was brokered by Qatar, a longtime supporter of Syrian opposition forces, and Iran, a key regime ally.

The Observatory said after the bombing that the evacuation process had resumed, but it was not immediately clear on Sunday if convoys had restarted their journeys.

It is the deadliest such incident in Syria in almost a year.


TOP News

Players that will annoy you at the casino

Baby humpback whales whisper to avoid attracting predators

The increase on a real money games at 2015 was 27%

Kumar Vishwas slams Kejriwal on MCD election defeat

Early French Presidential Polls Show Macron In Double Digit Lead

Funny stories from casino

The Buzz | Beijing talking with European Space Agency about moon outpost

Analyst Outlook on Rating and Recommendation: United States Steel Corporation (NYSE:X)

Analyst Activity - Scotiabank Reiterates Sector Perform on Precision Drilling (TSE:PD)

Zoo owner: April the giraffe's baby is 'very independent'